- Stock: Out Of Stock
- Model: KAT0001
Developed in conjunction with the innovative pioneers who brought you the blokart,the Katalyst 'blokart edition' allows the exciting combination of the blokart and water to give you the ultimate portable sailing experience.
The Katalyst is a lightweight catamaran that packs down small enough to be transported without a trailer. Based on the blokart ethos of "fun, fast and compact!" the Katalyst is ready to sail in minutes; just bolt the hulls together, assemble your blokart and fit it to the hulls, rig your sail and connect your steering and your away sailing!
The Katalyst 'blokart edition' is our first generation model; designed to allow the existing blokart to clip quickly onto the two hulls, it provides a simple sailing experience that anyone can have a crack at.
Points of difference
- No Trailer required - pack all the hull components into the hulls, then load hulls onto your roof rack, pack up your blokart and pop it in the boot and off you go.
- Face forward pilot positioning - this unique design positions the pilot facing directly forward instead of the traditional sitting sideways on the windward hull. This enables sailors with limited mobility (paraplegics etc.) access to this exciting sailing machine
- Handlebar steering - 'it's just like riding a bike' simple handle bar steering means that there's no complicated tiller steering systems to figure out.
- Minimal Rigging - using the existing blokart sails gives the sailor four sail size options with no rigging at all!
Available Accessories (not included)
- Length: 3.4m
- Beam: 1.7m
- Weight: Katalyst hulls and spars kit approx. 40 kg, blokart including sail approx. 30 kg
- Hulls: High gloss performance fibre glass
- Fittings: Marine grade stainless steel
- Rudders: Glass reinforced polypropylene
- Maximum Load: 150kg
- Tools required: 1 x 6mm key (provided)
- Warranty: One year